As many of you may already know, me and the B decided to go head to head in an all out, no holds barred, challenge to see who has the most Batman figures.
The rules were as follows:
1) They had to be 3 dimensional, head to toe representations of Batman (eg. no busts, candy filled heads, PEZ dispensers, etc.)
2) No doubles, but paint variations, and mass-produced bootlegs were allowed.
3) The must be loose. Nothing in the package. (Which actually forced me to open a couple.)
4) We will both post pics of our collections, with all figures clearly numbered, at exactly 8 AM PST.
5) Whoever has the most Batman figures that qualify, wins!
And that's pretty much it. The loser of the challenge will have to fork over one of their very own Batman figures to the winner and a special Batman-themed drawing by the loser declaring the other the ultimate Batman collector! I am putting up a 1977 Mego Pocket Heroes Batman against Chunky B's Campbell's Soup Mail-Away Batman.
So... without further ado... my Batman figure collection stands at a mighty...
And here they are! (click images to view full sized)
Boo-YA! Beat that, Chunky B! I got 77 of those pointy eared crime fighters!
Does Chunky B have what it takes to stand up to my massive collection? Let's head on over to Eclectorama and see!
And for those of you who may be curious, here is a list of all of the Batmans (Batmen?) you see above. Some are a mystery to me, so I've tried my best to name them all.
- First Appearance (Came with a cool book)
- Mystery Hasbro Batman
- Mexican bootleg
- Mattel Retro Action
- Mego Batman
- Applause Batman Returns
- Red Son Batman (aka "Sexy Hat Batman")
- Dark Knight Returns
- I forget this one. Got it in a comic shop.
- Blue & black Batman Begins
- The Batman
- Mattel Super Friends all-black Batman
- Mexican bootleg (I got this from a street vendor in Ixtapa, Mexico)
- Thrillkiller Batman
- Chinese bootleg
- 1989 Batman
- 1964 parachute Batman
- Justice Lord Batman
- McDonald's Brave & Bold Batman
- Blue & gray Batman Returns
- Removable costume Bruce Wayne/Batman (from Batman Returns)
- Infinate Heroes Batman (blue & gray)
- Super Powers Batman
- Infinite Heroes (black & gray)
- '70s Batman PVC
- Infinite Heroes Public Enemies Batman
- Fuji Film exclusive Batman
- Brave & Bold little guy. Whatever they're called.
- Minimates Batman
- Lego Batman
- Trio Batman
- Bootleg pencil topper (found in Chicago)
- Dark Knight PVC
- Batman & Robin cereal premium
- Ertl die-cast Batman
- Snack premium from Argntina (Thanks Tomas!)
- JLA Subway Kid's Meal Batman
- Funko plush Batman
- New Frontier Batman
- I forget which one this is. Scuba diving Batman?
- Poo Batman (from the Batman/Clayface 2 Pack)
- DCUC all-black Batman
- DCUC blue & gray Batman
- Some DC Direct Bats
- I forget this one.
- This one too.
- Some other DC Direct Bats.
- DCUC Public Enemies Batman
- DCUC black & gray Batman
- Batman Animated silver & black Bats
- Mego bendy Batman
- Batman Animated ripped costume Bats
- Dark Knight movie Batman
- '70s parachute Batman
- All-red Batman (Animated Series, I think?)
- Batman Begins movie Bats
- Brave & Bold Bats
- The Batman in bumble bee armor or whatever
- Bootleg Argentina Batman (again, thanks Tomas!)
- Another mystery Batman
- Imaginext blue & gray Bats
- Mego Pocket Heroes (bent knees) Batman
- Mego Pocket Heroes (straight legs) Batman
- Public Enemies DVD Exclusive
- McDonald's Animated Series Batman
- Hanging Zipline Batman (some fast food premium, but I forget which one)
- Fisher Price Batman
- Another hanging Batman (I think he may have been connected to something at one time)
- Microman Bats
- Imaginext black & gray Batman
- McDonald's Lego Batman
- Late '80s Batman PVC
- Batman Heroclix
- Ertl Batman Returns die-cast
- Imaginext Bat-cycle Batman
- Blammoid Batman
- Mego Die-cast Batman