Friday, June 10, 2011

Attack of the Mini Monsters!

I love monsters. I really do. And I always have. So, it's often very difficult for me to pass up a bucket full of miniature monsters without digging through to make sure I have found one of each different creepoid before plunking down the moola to take the miniature horrors home.

These diminutive dreadfuls were found in one of those "Educational Toy Stores" (you know the kind; lots of Playmobil and science fair kits), on one of my trips, but for the life of me, I can't exactly remember which trip, since it was so long ago. I had originally picked these guys up when I was designing a boardgame called "Monster Planet", which I never did get around to finishing, so they've sat in a box for over a year now.

Time for them to be seen, I say.


These figures (which may be some sort of Japanese Godzilla-type monsters, I'm not sure) are really, really, tiny. Only about the size of a D&D Miniature, and each one could use a nickel for a stand. I think this is why I love these little guys so much; they seem to pack so much black and green menace (with those piercing crimson eyes!) into such a tiny package.

Like I said, I have no idea what the origin of these creatures may be, so I decided to give them all names. Let's meet them...


Above is Sphinctor. If his tentacles don't get you, his gas-spewing orifices will!


Next, we have The Noggin - the brains of the operation. His intelligence is matched only by his penchant for evil deeds.


This is Bubbles. He's a hugger.


The Pincher makes sure that no one is safe from his welt-raising ouchies. Don't think he's scary? Have you ever imagined being pinched to death? Yeah... it takes a loooooooong time.


Oh no! It's Roboticus Rex! Part machine! Part Monster! He's a slow mover, but beware his crushing grip!


This one is called Earz. Don't... make... a... sound.


Blur-face! So named because the picture I took turned out crappy! Oh, the horror!


And finally, we wrap things up with The Smoocher. He may seem like a lover, but he's really... A KILLER!

So, that's it for this week's rather silly post. I'll try to take things more seriously next week. or maybe I won't. It's my blog and I can do what I want with it.

Thanks for reading!