Friday, July 15, 2011

Marvel Heroes Thumb Heads!

Once again we visit the wonderful world of vending machine (or gashapon) toys with these little oddities that I originally saw in a machine outside of a local movie theater, but then (and this is a sign of the times) instantly thought, "I bet I can just buy all of these on eBay." Turns out I was right.

Ladies and germs, I present to you the Marvel Heroes Thumb Heads! Or whatever they're called. I just made that up.


Basically, what they are are little rubber "masks" that you're supposed to fit over your thumb for those harrowing bouts of thumb wrestling that tend to happen while at recess, or on the bus, or standing in line at the bank, or while having dinner with your in-laws. I really don't know if kids today are still thumb wrestling, but when I was a lad it was right up there with playing paper football and pencil fights.

Let's take a look at these...









As you can see, these are clearly made by the same folks who designed the little Marvel big-headed gashapon figures that I rambled on about a couple of weeks ago. you can see by their faces


And, although I'm well aware of their original purpose, I couldn't help but notice that these make excellent masks for just about any action figure in the collection. Look! Instant Secret Wars collection!


Of course, they never made a Secret Wars Hulk, but I digress.

Anyhoodle, that's all for today! Excelsior, True Believers!