Thursday, August 1, 2013

I Think I've Got Smurf-Sickness...

We interrupt our regularly scheduled SDCC 2013 Toy Haul Report to point out the fact that Smurfs have been invading my desk (and waking moments) a lot lately.

It all started a while back when I scored a few vintage Smurfs at a local toy show...


Then, I somehow managed to steer away from several various Smurf collectibles at SDCC, which had the reverse effect of causing me to want Smurfs even more once I got back. A classic case of Damn-I-should-have-bought-those-itis.

Which has all led up to me practically losing my mind during a recent Toys-R-Us run when I picked up several new Schleich Smurf PVC figures...


And these unbelievably adorable micro Smurfs from Jakks (I love these little guys so much I can't stand it)...


And even these "just okay" Smurf blind bag figures from Mega Bloks...


THAT'S THREE DIFFERENT STYLE OF SMURF TOYS IN ONE SHOPPING TRIP.

I need help, people.

I've always loved Smurfs, and I make no apologies about it. And more than once I've bought a bunch of these little blue guys (and one gal) only to give them away after a while, but this time I think I'm in it for good.

Oh, and I capped my Smurf-themed shopping spree by buying 10 volumes of Smurf comics on Comixology.

Did I mention that I may need help? Because I may be losing my smurfing mind.