Monday, March 14, 2011

Boogorz 2.0

Some of you may remember the disgusting little creature I made out of clay a while back, based on what I imagine an anthropomorphic, personified booger would look like. If you don't, scroll down. I don't post that often.

Well, sadly, the $4 children's modeling clay that I used was surprisingly crappy. Who knew? And our poor Boogorz fellow dried up and got all gross looking.



So, I went to a craft store and bought some good ol' faithful Sculpey, in a multitude of colors, and decided to remake the ugly little cuss.






I can already tell that I'm going to like this clay better, and once he's backed, he'll be solid as a rock. So I spent the afternoon trying to recreate my first Boogorz guy and you can see the process below...











Voila! An all new, brilliantly colorful, and slightly larger Boogorz critter! Again, I'm no sculptor, so pardon my less than perfect creature, but then again, he is a booger monster, so he shouldn't be too perfectly molded.

I had so much fun making him, that I quickly whipped up a little friend for him...


Aaawwwwww.... aren't they cute? So these are the first to Boogorz. I'm stiull thinking of names for them and I have three others planned, which I'm waiting to make before I bake them all. Then I'll move on to the other clans, like the Poo-toids, the Pee-zors, the Skabz, the Toejamz and the Waxilors.

It's going to get gross, folks.