Friday, May 3, 2013

Things Are Gettin' Kinda Sketchy Around Here...

Hey, kids! Just thought I'd take a quick moment to share some art. If you can call it that.

Since starting at Funko, I've quickly developed this urge to see just about every pop culture character I can think of in Pop! form. Unfortunately, things like licensing issues, low collector interest or whatnot keep us from being able to officially make them.

Also, time is an issue. I don't have the time to design full digital renderings of every Pop! that pops (no pun intended) into my head, so I've started carrying a sketchbook with me for the sole purpose of just getting the rough ideas out of my noodle and onto some paper.

Each of these sketches has only taken me around 10 minutes or so to draw, so I admit they are rather sloppy, but I thought it would be fun to share anyway.

Hope you dig 'em. I'm sure there will be more in the future.











Again, I must stress that these are just sketches that I did for fun! Just because I sketched them, that doesn't mean that Pops of these character are or are not coming out one day. If I don't say that, the rumor mill will start rolling unecessarily. And we can't have that.

See ya!