Friday, December 10, 2010

The Super Powers Haul!

I have to admit, I've had a pretty damn good week for toy hauls. Between a couple of personal purchases and some killer gifts from fellow bloggers (more on those later), I've racked up a decent pile of toys in just a seven day period.

So, today we're going to take a look at one of my purchases I made from some dude on the 4chan toy boards (a site I do not recommend for the faint of heart or the easily offended; this site is sort of like the Mos Eisley Cantina of toy message boards - a wretched hive of scum and villainy). Every now and then, I spot something worthwhile (ie. cheap enough to take the risk of getting ripped off) in one of the site's BST (buy sell trade) threads, and such was the case last week when one seller was giving up five Kenner Super Powers figures for $10!

One Paypal transfer later and those babies were mine! They arrived on Tuesday and I thought it'd be fun to take a look at them. Here we go...


Above, we see what ten clams can get you on the interwebs; a sort of weird bastardization of the Justice League, in a bizzaro world where Superman wears a blue cape, Hawkman has no wings and the Riddler is a good guy.


Here is Blue Cape Superman! I believe he is actually wearing the cape originally belonging to Red Tornado, but I could be wrong. I only had a couple of Super Powers figures as a kid, since they came out when I was 12 and starting to enter that age when it was less than cool to be into toys. Now I'm all grown up (ha!) and can buy them all if I want to, and I just may do that.


Here's the one figure I would have spent $10 on alone; Wonder Woman! I've always loved this figure and think it is one of the most charming female 3 3/4" figures ever made. There's just something about this figure that truly captures the essence of WW in her purest "Superfriends" form, which is often how I remember her best.


Next up is Wingless Hawkman! Crap. Anyone got a spare set of wings for this guy? He's just not the same without them. At least he still has his mace, so if anyone gives him static about his lack of wings, they'll get a face full of iron spikes!


This is an Asian man in green underwear.


And finally, the haul consisted of one DC Comics Super Heroes Riddler! He's from the series of toys that came out later by Toy Biz in 1989. But, I've got all these heroes, so what am I going to do with one measly little Bat-villain?


I know! I'll team him up with more Bat-villains that arrived in the mail the next day from my good cyber-homeboy and fellow blogger, Derf from Derf's Domain! Here we see just a scratching of the surface of the toy-filled care package that he sent me, which I'll go into much more detail next Friday!


And what did the Joker and Penguin bring with them? Another DC Comics Super Heroes Riddler still sealed on the card! This one is going up on the display case, while the loose Riddler is about to wreak havoc on Gotham City!

I hope Blue Cape Superman and Wingless Hawkman get there in time to save the day!

Stay tuned!