Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas Catalogs! Montgomery Ward - 1978

I've managed to score a few vintage Christmas Catalogs (or wishbooks, if you prefer) over the past year and I spent a little time scanning in the choicest bits of each one. And by choicest bits, I mean pretty much the pages I was interested in, which pertained mostly to toys, but occasionally deal with PJs, sleeping bags, bikes and any other section that I would have pored over with the glassy-eyed gaze of a kid deep in the throes of the Christmas season.

I would literally spend hours looking through these catalogs as a kid, usually tucked into my Spider-Man sleeping bag by the fireplace. I would look back through the catalogs of the previous years, mostly for the spirit of the thing, but nothing compared to Mom bringing home the new JC Penny or Sears wishbook and letting my study it carefully, pen and paper next to me, writing down everything I wanted in order from what I wanted the most, to what wanted the least.

I have a total of 7 catalogs that I scanned in and I'll be posting a couple each week until Christmas. Again, just the best bits, and I apologize if some of the scans are wonky, some of the catalogs were very warped.

But anyway, a Merry Christmas to you all and enjoy a little bit of nostalgia from me.