Tuesday, April 3, 2012

She's a Wonder, Wonder Woman!

Okay, Stettmeier, get ready to talk some serious anti-dollies smack. ;)

One of the few toy scores I made at Wondercon actually came in the form a gift from my boss, Mike. And I'm talking about Mattel's Retro Action version of that Amazon princess with the star spangle short-shorts, Wonder Woman.


I've gone back and forth on whether or not I'm going to collect all of these. The temptation to start a collection focused on mego-style figures has almost got its claws in me, and when I saw this Wonder Woman figure, the collecting beast reared its ugly head, and that combined with my undying love for Lynda Carter practically gave me a case of the shakes.


Now, even I have to admit that this crosses the line into full-blown dolliness. There's nothing "action figure" about this toy, so there's no point in trying to front.

But Great Scott! look how gorgeous this figure is! 


She definitely got a '70s vibe. Here we see her in her best Farrah Fawcett pose.


So, yeah. I totally own a doll now. No way of getting around it. But I'm only so strong. I just couldn't fight the desire to own one of these, and besides, she was a gift, and a thoughtful one at that, making her even more dear to me. May the gods help me, but it looks like I'm spinning down into the center of the Mego-style collecting whirlpool.

And it looks like my Retro Action Batman has no problem with that.