Monday, October 17, 2011

I am the Pumpkin King!

Well, maybe not. This year I had these grand plans to get a bunch of pumpkins (check), hollow them out (check), seaparate all of the seeds and roast them (double check) and then really take some time and carve some intricate designs of creepy critters on them in the style of these pumpkins that I spotted in Martha Stewart's Halloween issue.

Alas, time got away from me and although I got them all hollowed out and the seeds roasted last weekend, I found myself this weekend with very little spare time and a bunch of hollow pumpkins that were getting moldier and moldier by the day, so I decided to take an hour and quickly carve some simple cartoony faces.

So, I'm not sure if this qualifies as "my art", but I'm showing them off here anyway.

Happy Halloween!