Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Pac Man Video Game Cabinet Candy Tin!

A couple of weeks back, while my wife and I were shopping around Universal Citywalk, fresh from the Universal Studios theme park, with a stomach full of Pink's hot dogs and still a little shaky from the House of Horrors, I stumbled onto a little tin slice of awesomeness in the form of this beauty of a candy tin in the shape of a vintage Pac Man video game cabinet.


I had heard about these coming last summer and I tried to find one at Comic Con in San Diego with no luck. But now it looks like they're everywhere and I managed to find one at the giant candy shop in Universal Citywalk.

I just love the design of the tin itself. Just look at the graphics on the "screen"...


Even the side of the cabinet takes me back to the good ol' days when I would stand there longingly hoping that one of the legion of teenagers would run out of quarters so I could get a chance to play our local bowling alley's Pac Man machine, only to lose patience and end up plunking my quarters into Tempest or Centipede instead.


As I mentioned, this is a candy container, and even the candies inside are in little Pac Man shapes! Although, they should be little white power pellets, now that I think about it.


But I don't really care about the candy. I just wanted the cabinet for my action figures to have something to play Pac Man on. Sadly, it's just a little too small for the usual 3 3/4" figure, much less poor Chewbacca...


But, as it turns out, it's the perfect size for an Ewok...


Yub nub!