I know that Christmas means a whole lot more than just getting presents (thanks for that lesson, Grinch!), but let's be honest, no one wants to read a post on my blog about that quiet moment I had while walking my dog the other night, looking at the lights on everyone's houses in the brisk air and stopping outside a local church to listen to their choir sing a beautiful rendition of O Holy Night, all of which added up to single serene moment where I found myself believing just a little bit more in the inherent goodness of mankind.
No, we want to hear about LOOT!
So here's a few of the geekier highlights from my personal Christmas haul this year...
1. The Lego Batman Visual Dictionary - I love books like this because it sort of helps keep me from collecting all of the actual toys. Sometimes, just having a comprehensive guide, with oodles of pics, is enough for me.
2. How to Speak Wookiee - Besides teaching me how to speak the native language of the planet Kashyyyk, it had the added bonus of making sounds that thoroughly confused my dog.
3. Star Wars Fighter Pods - Well, crap. There's goes my effort to not collect these. Looks like I'll be hitting the toy store later for even more of these adorable little guys.
4. Hot Wheels Batmobile - I came soooooooo close to buying this one for myself a while back, but passed. I must have known that in the future my Mom would send it to me. :)
5. Hot Wheels 1970 Monte Carlo - My wife and I share a love for muscle cars. She tapped into this by dropping this beauty in my stocking.
6. This. Epic. Hat.
7. This. Also. Epic. Hat.
8. Mini Star Wars Plushies - I ain't gonna lie, that Yoda is freaking me out. But DAT CHEWIE! And DAT VADER!
9. Series 8 Lego Minifigures - I've managed to avoid buying any of these too, but Ron R. sending me the Santa from this series got my case of Legocollectivitis flaring up again, so my wife grabbed a few more for my stocking. Seriously, people. That robot is one of the greatest toys I have ever seen in my life.
That's it for now! There were several other gifts, but these were the most geeky. Now that I think about it, I never did show off all the epic geeky stuff I got for my birthday. Looks like I've got another haul post to write.
Anyway, it was a Merry Christmas indeed! Hope yours was, too!