Thursday, September 16, 2010

RPG Book Illustrations!

Today's post involves a couple of pieces of artwork that I did for this locally published RPG book this past Spring. In this case, I was asked to draw various things that they needed for the book and was given a pretty fair amount of creative license to do the work in any style I wanted, so this was a pretty fun project.

The first thing they needed was this half goat half human creature decked out in adventuring gear. I love this piece because it represents a moment when I was trying out a new style and just running with it.


I was also asked to do some weird sea creature spot illustrations, which the art director didn't like at first, but I think they made it into the book anyway.


So there's today's artwork post! I'll see what else I can dig up.