Friday, November 12, 2010

A Cartoon Bats for Chunky B!

Some of you may have heard about the "Battle for the Cowl", a contest in which I was soundly beaten by my most worthy opponent, Chunky B of Eclectorama. Part of the deal was that the loser had to fork over a Batman figure and to draw the winner an original piece of Batman art, declaring the winner the king of all Batman figure collectors.

And since I lost, here's what I made for Chunky B...


This is a newer style for me. A mix of basic shapes in Adobe Illustrator and then refined a bit in Photoshop. I had so much fun with this piece that I may just have to put the whole CARZ! thing on hold for a bit and maybe do a series of character portraits in this style. We'll see.

Until then, I have an "assignment" to draw a pirate/ninja/zombie fight. Stay tuned!