Friday, September 2, 2011

I Never Thought I'd Type the Words, "Fizzy Bat Squatz"...

But that's exactly what I'm going to be writing about today. So...

Last week, I went on a quick overnight trip with my wife (work for her, tag-along fun for me) and usually when we take these trips, I try to sneak in some visits to various toy stares and whatnot, hoping that they'll have something I can't find in my area (damn you elusive 8" Lion-o!), and every now and then, I stumble onto something new.

Such was the case when I found these new collectible figures called Squatz. Actually, I don't think they're that new, but I've never seen their DC licensed toys before so I had to get one. Actually two, since they come in two packs. Lucmkily, they let you know about one of the figures you're getting (I picked Batman, natch) and the other one is a "mystery villain". Ooooohhhh! I hope it's The Joker!


Sorry about the crappy pics. All I had was my iPhone in dim, hotel room lighting. Anyhoo, I hope these are cool, because at $8 (which I thought was a little steep), I'm expecting nothing short of pure awesomeness.

Oh look! You can collect them all!
So, basically, you open it up and there are these two little oddly-shaped, plastic-coated pods...

You then peel the wrapping off, and you now have a grainy, crumbling mess in your hands. Basically, these are like those fizzy "bath bombs" that I send to my Mom every Christmas and have no idea if she uses them or not. Except that these allegedly have toys inside. We'll see...


So I plopped the bath bombs into the hotel bathroom sick, filled with warm water and they began to fizz...


I waited a little while and then like dead fish floating up to the surface of a polluted lake, I found these...


ZOMG! How adorable is that Batman?! And I got a Gorilla Grod! Crap... Not joker. Oh well.

It was at this point that I discovered two things: 1. I could have just easily broken open the fizzy pod and took the toys out and 2. The fizzy pods seriously deceive you on how big these toys are. I mean, look. They're friggin tiny...


Oh well. The Batman is still cute and will look great on the Bat shelf (what number is that?). And my joy was quickly reinstated when I realized that you could switch out their heads (which I now see that it says so on the back of the card). Look! It's Gorilla Man and Bat Grod!


Thanks for reading kiddies! I'll be back the week after next!