Friday, September 30, 2011

Taking a Break... Sort of...

Hey gang! I just wanted to take a quick moment to let everyone know what's going to go down with the blog (and my other blogs) over the next month or so. Don't worry, I'm not pulling a Geek Orthodox. ;)

As of tomorrow, it's officially October which means it's time for the Halloween Countdown 2011! As I mentioned before, this blog will be taken over by 21 days of ghost toys, followed by 10 days of monsters toys! Each day a new toy pic will be posted for your spine-tingling enjoyment!

The blog will be on autopilot, pretty much, but I'll still be around replying to comments and whatnot.

Also, this will give me some time to post more stuff on my other blogs: Hey! Look at My Art! and Hey! Look at My Books! The latter of which has all of 4 readers, it seems, but I strongly urge you all to check it out, as I'll be posting all kinds of stuff about geeky books, comics, trading cards and any other form of nerdy paper ephemera that I think fits. I mean, there's already a complete scan of a classic Mr. T children's book, and I'll be posting entire scans of the Dukes of Hazzard punch-out book very soon, so you all can print out and make your very own General Lee and Cooter's garage!

In other news; I've been trying to think of what I could do for December, theme-wise, to make the toy blog feel more festive. Any ideas?

Also, I'm seriously contemplating devoting the entire month of November to vintage Kenner Star Wars figures. Would that bore the hell out of everyone? Let me know. And I have a toy show to go to in October, so I'll have to squeeze in a report on that at some point. I don't know.

Anyhoodle, with that, I take my leave as the auto-post thingy takes over the blog tomorrow. The Great Pumpkin is coming! Happy Halloween!

Oh, and here's your toy moment of zen...