Monday, March 4, 2013

League of Extraordinary Bloggers Post: Hake's Shopping Spree!

This week's assignment: You have very deep pockets but your shelves are bare. Go on a shopping spree at Hake’s to make your place a little more awesome.

If you're not familiar with Hake's online auction house, I strongly suggest that make you make yourself so posthaste. I've often perused their inventory and spent a lot of time mopping drool off of my keyboard after filling my eyeballs to the brim with a plethora of vintage goodies.

This week, the League is honoring Hake's, who have been longtime sponsors of Cool & Collected, the League's "home base" blog.

And as you read above, my assignment is to pretend that I am an insanely wealthy gazillionaire with a brand new empty mansion just dying to be filled with collectibles. So let's see what kind of damage I can do.

But wait. I've decided to make this even harder on myself and only pick one single item. Let's face it, I'd love to sit here all day and just list all of their vintage Batman stuff, or describe how in one fell swoop I could amass a vintage Disneyana collection to rival Walt's unknown storage vault underneath the haunted mansion, or how I may head on down to my usual coffee shop on my mint condition Knight Rider BMX bike, all because I am a ridiculously wealthy spend-a-holic.

But I wont. Instead, after having spent the better part of the last 2 hours scrolling through the countless gems at Hake's, I will pick one item and one item only.

And what I have chosen, is the signature ring of the Ghost Who Walks himself. The ring of the Phantom.


Just look at that gleaming beauty. This ring is the harbinger of vengeance. A vengeance that stalks out of the shadows to undo the deeds of lesser, cowardly men.

Basically, I would use this ring to punch jerks in the face. And leave a skull mark.

And then ride away on my Knight Rider BMX.

Oh, okay... so I'd buy two things.


What did my fellow League Members pick?

COMING SOON.