Tuesday, August 14, 2012

League of Extraordinary Bloggers Weekly Theme: Mix Tape!

This week's topic: What songs were forever being looped on your car’s stereo back in high school. A cassette could only hold a dozen or so songs, so that’s the magic number of songs to list. If your car didn’t have a cassette deck in high school, go ahead and pretend it did, you punk.

This one might as well be named I Was a Teenage Metalhead.


Yep! That was me back in high school! I was a card-carrying, head-banging, all-black-wearing lover of Metal. And not just any Metal, mind you. I was was steeped in the vile pools of death/thrash Metal. The heavier the better, as far as I was concerned. So, if you want to take a peek into what ended up on my mix-tapes, and was cranked up to ear-bleeding levels in my '68 Chevy Nova, then put on your spiked wristbands and jump into the pit.

Here are my all-time favorite Metal mix-tape songs (in alphabetical order)...


 1. Anthrax - Antisocial
 2. Corrosion of Conformity - Vote With a Bullet
 3. Death - Open Casket
 4. Death Angel - Seemingly Endless Time
 5. GWAR - The Salaminizer
 6. Megadeth - Through My Darkest Hour
 7. Metallica - Damage, Inc.
 8. Pantera - Cemetery Gates
 9. S.O.D. - Kill Yourself
 10. Slayer - Angel of Death
 11. Suicidal Tendencies - You Can't Bring Me Down
12. Testament - Practice What You Preach











Please see the complete list of posts from the Extraordinary League of Bloggers and show their blogs some love. Thanks!