Sunday, August 12, 2012

Tales from the 25¢ Bin! Battlestar Galactica Edition!

I have been having so much unbelievable luck at the 25¢ bin lately, that I'm going to have a hard time catching up blogging about them all. But that won't stop me from trying. 

Today, we're talking about a score that's practically bubbling over with late-'70s awesomeness, issues #2-#5 of the Marvel Comics adaptation/continuation of Battlestar Galactica!





As a kid, Battlestar Galactica was always sort of a dopey cousin of Star Wars, but back then, when we were starving for more intergalactic battles and freaky aliens, Battlestar Galactica would do in a pinch. I had a few of the toys (I've often described the integration of my Cylon figure into my Star Wars action figure adventures, playing the role of Darth Vader's long lost son), and would watch the TV show when I could, but I was never a mad fanatic of the Star Wars knock-off.


I don't recall reading any of the comic s as a kid, but now, thanks to the cheap-o bin at my favorite local used book store, I can give these babies a whirl and see how they hold up. Actually, I think I need to find issue #1 first, but I think I may have it in my long boxes somewhere.

I better get to digging. I've got some retro reading to do.