Wednesday, August 8, 2012

MORE Series 7 Lego Minifigures!

I just can't get away from these adorable little guys! Just as I was thinking about easing up on collecting them, I managed to get my hands on a couple more and once again realized how unbelievably cute and fun to collect these little yellow-skin denizens of Legoland really are.

Let's take a look at my latest aquisitions...

First up is King Neptune, Lord of the Seas! My boss gave me this guy when I was last down in San Diego for Comic Con. Usually, he and I get a chance to head out and do some Lego minifigure hunting together just for fun, but the con had us way too busy for that. But he did toss this extra King Neptune my way. For sheer number of original pieces, this one is a king, indeed.


The next three were sent to me by Chris C. in what was supposed to just be a trade; my extra Bunny Suit Guy for his Computer Nerd Guy. But nasty weather left him without power for a while and so he didn't get to send out his end of the deal for a while, so to make up for it, he sent me a few extras. He totally didn't need to do that, but it's things like this that make me truly love the collecting community. Thanks a ton, Chris C.!

Here we see Tarzan, King of the Jungle. Check out those abs! I wonder how he got those scratches?


Next we have The Hippie Guy. This one actually really cracks me up because he totally reminds me of this dude from summer camp that was always singing corny hippie songs at our camp fires. He's so groovy, man! Far out!


Here's the real prize from this batch; the Computer Nerd Guy! I loooooooooooove this minifigure! The emoticon mug, the sweater vest. And this figure is worth its weight in gold for the little laptop computer alone. Priceless!


So, again, Chris C. is the man! He also sent along a Viking Lady, but I already talked about her in my last Lego minifigure post, so I omitted her from this one.

Now for the king of all Lego Minifigures. I bought this one at a Lego store after standing there, squeezing the bags like a weirdo for about 20 minutes. It got to the point where the employees started helping. It was a lot of work, but I finally got my Motorcycle Daredevil Guy!


Good... gravy... This figure is amazing! You can say he's not Evel Knievel all you want, but this child that live through that last part of the '70s knows a mini Evel Knievel when he sees one. Dig that awesome mustache. Check out that carefully done hair. That cape! That helmet!

Now all I need is a white motorcycle for him to jump over things. I have a purple one from Catwoman and I think I may have a green one from an old Indiana Jones set somewhere, but this diminutive daredevil needs one that matches his road leathers. Looks like I'm on a quest.

(:\