Sunday, February 17, 2013

Oh No. What Have I Done? G.I. Joe Micro Force!

I should just hire someone who follows me around whenever I'm in a toy store or toy department and smacks me in the face any time I make an impulse buy, just to save me from launching yet another toy obsession.

For example, I stopped my a local Fred Meyer store near my work to go to the bank inside the store and grab a little something from the deli for lunch, but I'll be damned if I didn't get caught in the tractor beam of the toy department and somehow find these rubbery little badasses right next to my ruben panini, bag of chips and king size Kit-Kat...


Little rubber, stylized G.I. Joe figures based on the classic Hasbro Real American Hero line for only $5? YES PLEASE!

Oh, and there's a gazillion of them to collect, you say? GREAT. THAT'S JUST EFFING GREAT. 



I rooted through the packs on the pegs, all of which seem to be randomized, until I found one with both Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow in it.


The fact that it had this adorable little Destro (despite his wonky eyes) was just a bonus.


Of course, they can't all be winners, so I got stuck with who I think is Roadblock (never one of my favorite Joes) and who I originally thought was Firefly or Beach Head, but then realized was just some sort of green ninja dude.


I mostly bought them just to see what they were all about. I can always justify is as "work research". But let's be honest, my "research" is probably far from over. Because I'm seriously gonna need a Cobra Commander, Zartan and Timber before this is all said and done.

And may the toy gods have mercy on my soul if I give in to the urge to collect them all.

Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo JOE!