Tuesday, September 25, 2012

League of Extraordinary Bloggers Weekly Theme: Young Guns

This week's topic: In the spirit of Young Indiana Jones, Young Frankenstein, or Young Einstein, come up with a “Young ___” prequel or series.

Get ready, boy and girls for Young Conan!

Okay, this may be rather expected of me, but thinking back on the recent remake of Conan the Barbarian (which I didn't love, but I far from hated), and considering that my favorite part of that movie was the beginning scenes in which we see a very young Conan give a roaming gang of Picts a Cimmerian-style how-do-you-do, I think that I would love an entire series about the youthful barbarian.








There have been very few glimpses into Conan's life in his village as a boy in the comics and the novels, but I've always really liked the look at his early years.


I also realize that I'm pretty much the only person on Earth that would really be into this show, but I think if done well, with plenty of action and detailed sets, solid action and and exciting story, this show (and yes, I'm picturing it as sort of a gritty cable channel show, along the lines of Game of Thrones) could be a massive hit.


From other league members:

Please see the complete list of posts from the Extraordinary League of Bloggers and show their blogs some love. Thanks!