Monday, September 24, 2012

Minimates Knight Rider K.I.T.T. & Mcihael Knight!

I'm not a huge Minimates collector. In fact, the only ones I own are a couple of Batmans (Batmen?) for the Bat-shelf and the Back to the Future Delorean & Marty McFly set which I gushed about HERE.

And since we're on the subject of Minimates toy vehicles, that brings us to today's toy, the Minimates Knight Rider K.I.T.T. and Micheal Knight!



Much like the BTTF set, you get K.I.T.T. along with a Michael Knight figure, in a brilliant little set that is clearly aimed at the nostalgic hearts of us aging '80s children. Not that i have a problem with that. As far as I'm concerned, companies can just keep coming out with toys and collectibles based on our favorite TV shows, movies and cartoons of yesteryear. Bring it on.


The set comes with a small sheet of stickers and diagram sheet evoking the vehicle sets of Kenner from 30 years ago. I'm a sucker for a decal sheet.


The Minimates figures themselves have never really grabbed me. I don't why. There's just something about their faces or their hands or whatever that just don't honk my horn. I mean, when I do the math, I should be crazy about them, they're like far more posable Lego minifigures, but something just leaves me all "meh" about them.


But to me, this set is all about this beautiful little K.I.T.T. vehicle! This piece is beyond adorable, with all it's chubbiness, while still maintaining the mandatory level of cool that a car like K.I.T.T. requires.


Unlike the Mezco Batmobile, which I hated, this car is stunningly designed.


And you can't have a K.I.T.T. without a Micheal Knight, so I guess I do to appreciate the figure to some degree. Besides, the figure is a nice little reminder of how I gave David Hasselhoff a high five at SDCC this year. That's pretty dope.


And the best part? I can now act out that classic Knight Rider scene from that episode when Micheal and K.I.T.T. ran down a bunch of zombies. What's that? That never happened? Hmmm... I could have sworn that happened...


This toy brought to you by the Jboy Pacman Toy care Package of Awesomeness. Thanks again, Jboy!