Saturday, November 17, 2012

Aaaawwww YEAH! It's a Stomper 4X4!

Well, that's it. It looks like I need to start seriously collecting classic Stomper 4X4's and Rough Riders. I loved these unstoppable, crawling toy vehicles like Guy Fieri loves hair bleach, and I waxed poetically about my A-Team Rough Rider that I got from Brian over at Cool & Collected a while back.

Well, at the last toy show I went to, I managed to score another one, the classic Stomper 4X4 Chevrolet Nomad...


Gaaaahhhhhh! Look at those awesome tires! Those really take me back. I remember the tires being made of foam originally, later to be replaced by the plastic ones shown on this beauty.


I never had this one as a kid, but I remember a kid in my 3rd grade class (which was when every boy in my grade at Blissfield Elementary went Stomper 4X4 crazy) had one and I always thought it was epic.


Sadly, this bad boy doesn't run, but I found a website that shows you how to fix them, so it's just a matter of sitting down with a soldering iron and getting to work. Also, for $10 (thanks to my homeboy Tony Fowler) you can't beat it.


I'll get this beauty running soon, and then I may just have to get my hands on a few more of them. And thus, another collection addiction begins...