Tuesday, November 13, 2012

My Lite Brite Brutes Get the Yarn Treatment from Caffeinated Joe!

Some of you may remember my little creations That I called Lite Brite Brutes. They're basically little digital pieces of silliness created on a crappy little iPhone app, but it somehow managed to turn into a lot of fun for me to create a whole slew of characters. I recently eased up on them because I thought I was just annoying everyone with them, but I'm just about to stop caring about that and getting back to making some new ones. You've all been warned.

But one person who wasn't annoyed with them, Caffeinated Joe (see his blog and Tumblr here), honored me beyond measure by taking some of my Lite Brite Brutes and translating them into plastic canvas yarn creations! Please, please, please check out his Tumblr to see them all.

So, of course, I had to have him make me some, and since I'm going a little crazy on my Monster Cereals collection, I requested a yarn rendition of this...


And this is what he sent me...


Holy frijoles! How beautiful is that?! I can't even fully express ho much I love them. I apologize to Joe that I didn't get these framed yet (I was less than thrilled with my choices the other day when I went frame shopping). But these beauties definitely deserve to be framed and hung above my Monster Cereals shelf front and center in a place of honor.

Here's some larger shots of each one...




So, a huge, massive, 36-ton THANK YOU to Caffeinated Joe for both honoring me and my ridiculous little hobby and for sharing his craft with us! This has absolutely inspired me to make more Lite Brite Brutes, because creating things that you love is what it's all about.