Friday, December 7, 2012

Top 5 Friday! The Top 5 Coolest Things I Saw at Universal Studios!

Before my wife and I took on the main course of 3 full days of Disneyland and California Adventure, we thought we'd make a bit of an appetizer out of Universal Studios/Universal Citywalk. So as soon as we got off the plane at LAX, we took a shuttle to the rental car place and took our newly rented wheels straight to the park.

All in all, it was... okay. It's no Disneyland. I actually had more fun shopping and eating (Pink's!) in the Citywalk section than I actually had in the park. If you go, take the Universal Backlot Tour. It's pretty cool and the King Kong 3D thing is beyond cool.

But as "okay" as the park was, I still got to see some cool stuff, and here are the top five in my book...

1. One of the original Back to the Future Deloreans. To a guy like me, who is koo-koo over movie and TV vehicles, this was like seeing boobies in real life for the first time. Great Scott!
2. Dracula waltzing with Daphne from Scooby Doo. This was the weirdest, yet most beautiful thing I saw the whole day. Drac just hypnotized poor Miss Blake and made her dance with him. And those both danced like they had had a lesson or two. Then she just snapped out of it and ran back to Scooby. Amazing moment!
3. The massive display of Para-Norman figures. These were the real deal used in the movie (which I still haven't seen, but am dying to), from armatures, to multiple mouth plates, to background scenes. The animation nerd in me did a little happy dance looking at it all.
4. A football signed by the season 1 Dillon Panthers from Friday Night Lights. I don't care what any of you say. I loved this show. Clear eyes, full hearts...
5. JAWS! He attacked the tram. Need I say more?